Story Writing - A Valourous Endeavour/ Valour has nothing to do with Age!


Story Writing 
A Valourous Endeavour/ Valour has nothing to do with Age!

It was quarter past twelve, when I went to the kitchen to get some water. To my surprise, the refrigerator was already open; “who had opened the door?” I asked myself. “It must be a ghost!” my twelve year old mind said. Rebuffing the thought, I shut the door of the refrigerator and started moving towards my room.
In the hushed ambience of the night; my ears caught a tinkling sound. Scared and startled, I followed the sound and reached our storeroom; to my utter surprise, light was already on; however, no one was there. Then, the creak of our entrance door attracted my attention. I found the door open, but no one there. It was air that moved the door. I thought to awake my elder brother; but the moment I reached stairs, I was petrified to hear the clamour coming from my brother’s room. “It must be a robber,” I thought.
I ran towards the landline; however I couldn’t contact anyone as the wire was already cut. No one was home except us, I and my brother; others were gone to my maternal’s place to attend a function. Baffled, frightened and helpless, I mounted the stairs. I wish I had a cell phone; alas! I wasn’t given one, considering my age. The cacophonous noise kept intensifying with my every step towards my brother’s room. Finally, I was at my brother’s door. Gathering all my might, I opened the door a little to have a peek inside.
I could see my elder brother trying his best to save himself from the man having a black mask over his face. I thought of intervening; but I had to hold back my excitement, as the man in mask, had a dagger in his hand. My mind boggled, I couldn’t decide what to do.
But, I had to save my brother from that ferocious man. I ran to the attic to get something that could be used for retaliation; but all in vain, the attic was locked. “I can’t stay put, I have to be courageous, I have to do something,” my mind kept roaring. I rushed back, in horripilation, I couldn’t decide what to do; suddenly I saw a glass vase which I could use for retaliation. While peeking in, I looked for an opportunity to gesticulate to my brother and the moment he saw me, I gesticulated to him to run towards the window, so that robber’s attention could be diverted. Following my sign, he slid towards the window. Summoning all my bottle, I shoved into the room and hit the robber with that vase, as firmly as I could. At once, he fell on the ground and I and my brother, threw that dagger away and tied him with a rope, so that he couldn’t flee. Immediately, my elder brother called the Police and in no time, the Police reached and arrested him. We got to know from them that they had been looking for that robber for over two months. They thanked us for this act of bravery.

My brother thanked me saying that had I not been there, he must have been severely hurt by the robber. He said that he is proud of my bravery at such a tender age. I couldn’t help asking how the robber had entered his room. He told me,” I was in the kitchen when I heard some noise coming from the storeroom, following that I reached there and there he was, trying to steal; before I could do anything, he caught hold of me, with a lot of struggle, I freed myself and ran upstairs, he followed, I was about to bolt the door, when he pushed himself into my room and hence our struggle started.” I could notice my brother’s voice trembling in fear while he was narrating the incident. I offered him water. Having bolted the door, we tried to sleep, but couldn’t have a wink after this spine chilling experience. Next morning, when our parents came, we couldn’t help crying tears of fright. We narrated the whole incident to them and before they could console us, the Police entered our house. They appreciated our bravery and congratulated us on being selected for Award of Bravery for this act. Our parents consoled us and said,”We are proud of you that you handled the situation bravely.” Our fright subsided in happiness of receiving an award from the Police Department.

Endeavour by Sukhpreet Singh 
Follow my channel on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/c/LearnEnglishwithSukhpreet92


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wrinkle of my Mother

The Last Lesson by Sukhpreet Singh